Norfork Dam is located on North Fork River, at river mile 4.8, four miles northeast of Norfork, Arkansas. There are 1,806 square miles of drainage above the dam.
Construction of the dam was initiated in the spring of 1941 and was completed three years later, while construction of the powerhouse and switchyard was completed October 1949. Commercial generation was begun in 1944. Overall construction cost of dam and powerhouse was approximately $28,600,000.
A boat dock was established on the new reservoir at the site of the quarry close to the dam. It was originally named Bonner Boat Dock and was changed later to its current name, Quarry Marina. The boat dock was originally established in 1945.
Quarry Marina has been owned by Richard & Cheri Hanson since 1997.